Online Brand Ambassador
Part-time/work from home
Mirror is looking to add to its great group of online brand ambassadors. We already have over 100 brand ambassadors nationwide and are actively looking for outgoing, popular and hardworking individuals with large social networks expand the team.
Do you measure your Facebook friends by the thousands?
Do you have a huge social network and lots of friends?
Do you have thousands of Twitter followers?
We are looking for outgoing, popular and hardworking individuals with large social networks to act as brand ambassadors for our site.
While we are based in Manhattan, you need not be! As a Mirror brand ambassador, you can work from home, Starbucks or the cubicle at your current job (we won’t tell).
- Promote our brand online and drive traffic to our site
- Part-time (3 hours a day, 4-5 days a week)
- Competitive rates plus performance bonuses
- Work from home
Paid Marketing Internship
Mirror Media is continuing its summer internship program into the Fall 2012 semester. We are looking for 2-4 paid interns in the New York area to join us and help grow our marketing team.
- Creative, thoughtful and hard-working individuals with superb communication skills
- Junior/senior undergraduate degree candidate, Masters' or alumni
- Must be able to work at least 20 hours a week out of our Flatiron District offices
- Experience in social media, blogging, and marketing/PR a plus
- Assist our Director of Marketing in the development of new promotions, online creatives, memes, and ads
- Brainstorm with our team about new promotions, product design, UX, etc.
- Maintain and update our promotional e-mail list
- Help expand our presence via social media outlets like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Tumblr
Senior Back-End Web Developer
Mirror is looking for an experienced (3+ years) Back-End Web Developer to join our fast-growing team. Equity options grants are available
- At least 3 years demonstrable programming experience in LAMP in a cloud environment
- Strong knowledge and experience in OOP PHP in MVC framework (Yii a plus)
- Strong knowledge in database management and caching in MySQL, memcache (distributed system a plus)
- Experience in data mining, fuzzy logic and scaling algorithms
- Extensive browser-based development experience
- Must be in the New York metro area or willing to relocate
- Full development life cycle (build, code, test, deploy, maintain) web, mobile, and Facebook applications using LAMP in an Agile environment
- Work with a creative business team to translate requirements and specs into working systems
- Develop and maintain internal, social media and vendor APIs
Mirror is looking for a Front-End Web Developer with 1-3 years of experience to join our fast-growing team.
- Strong HTML/HTML5 and cross-browser CSS/CSS3 experience
- Experience working with responsive and grid layouts
- Translate design wireframes, prototypes and specifications into pixel-perfect, responsive and elegant cross-platform/browser applications
- Implement complex creative concepts within a responsive-design framework
- Assist in iterative design process using Photoshop, inDesign or similar programs